Sourcing Category Managers, multiple locations
At Huhtamaki, we're global specialists in packaging for food and drink, dedicated to making every consumer experience enjoyable, consistent, and safe. We help great products reach more people, more easily. There are 17,000 of us, and we all love a challenge. We’re always spotting new opportunities in packaging, currently in 34 countries around the world. The parent company, Huhtamäki Oyj, has its head office in Espoo, Finland and its share is quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki. Additional information is available at www.huhtamaki.com.
Foodservice Europe-Asia-Oceania (Foodservice EAO) is one of Huhtamaki Group's four business segments. Our foodservice business operates in more than 20 countries across Europe, Asia, Middle-East, Oceania and South Africa. Our paper and plastic disposable tableware is supplied to foodservice operators, fast food restaurants and coffee shops.
Our Foodservice Europe Asia Oceania segment is now looking for two Sourcing Category Managers to work as part of our Foodservice EAO Sourcing team:
Sourcing Category Manager, Polymers
Sourcing Category Manager, Inks&Coatings
In this role you will responsible for the development and implementation of purchasing and supply chain strategies in order to manage supply chain risk and deliver significant benefit to the Huhtamaki organisation for the category under your responsibility.
The preferable location for these positions is either Gosport (UK), Alf (Germany) or Luxembourg but there is flexibility within Europe dependent on the suitability of the candidate.
The main responsibilities include:
- Develop & implement robust and effective Category based sourcing strategies.Development and implementation of a category specific cost management plan
- Drive the implementation of cost saving/avoidance initiatives and monitor performance.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the category, the suppliers and key cost drivers in order to take advantage of opportunities, and to pre-empt and mitigate risks.
- Provide the link to key stakeholders including Sales, Commercial, NPD in terms of category developments, market intelligence & supplier/product innovation.
- Effectively manage key suppliers with reference to Cost, Quality and Delivery performance. In conjunction with Regional Sourcing Managers, support units in the event of significant supplier quality or delivery issues.
The requirements for suitable candidate are:
- Strong relevant category knowledge and experience, capable of managing a very diverse portfolio of materials and services.
- Experience in sourcing/supply chain management with a proven track record of sourcing and effective supplier relationship management.
- Solid project management, presentation and influencing skills to all levels of an organization as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or MBA in a relevant discipline or several years’ work experience in a related field (sourcing, supply chain management).
For further information please contact David Whitton, Sourcing Director Foodservice EAO at +44 7515 502592 (or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please apply here by the 18th of March 2019.