Regional Sourcing Manager
At Huhtamaki, we're global specialists in packaging for food and drink, dedicated to making every consumer experience enjoyable, consistent, and safe. We help great products reach more people, more easily. There are 17,000 of us, and we all love a challenge. We’re always spotting new opportunities in packaging, currently in 34 countries around the world. The parent company, Huhtamäki Oyj, has its head office in Espoo, Finland and its share is quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki. Additional information is available at www.huhtamaki.com.
Foodservice Europe-Asia-Oceania (Foodservice EAO) is one of Huhtamaki Group's four business segments. Our foodservice business operates in more than 20 countries across Europe, Asia, Middle-East, Oceania and South Africa. Our paper and plastic disposable tableware is supplied to foodservice operators, fast food restaurants and coffee shops.
Our Foodservice Europe Asia Oceania segment is now looking for a Regional Sourcing Manager to work as part of our Foodservice EAO Sourcing team.
In this role you will responsible for coordinating sourcing activities across your nominated business units in close collaboration with local Supply Chain & Purchasing Managers and where appropriate, ensure alignment with Sourcing Category Managers. The purpose is to contribute to the profitability and competitive advantage of the business units.
There is flexibility as to the location of this role within Continental Europe dependent on the suitability of the candidate.
The main responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with business unit supply chain managers and purchasing managers/buyers to identify, share and implement best practices and replicate cost reduction initiatives wherever possible.
- Development and implementation of a regional specific cost management plan - Drive the implementation of cost saving/avoidance initiatives and monitor performance.
- Provide support to business units as required on annual tenders, pricing & contract management, negotiations of terms and conditions.
- Identify and develop new suppliers, alternative sources of supply, solutions and services: continuously challenge current specifications, processes and models using market knowledge, category team and local supply chain resources and knowledge harvested from other cluster business units.
- Ensure cluster and local supplier agreements/price list/service level agreements are proactively managed.
- In conjunction with business unit supply chain managers/purchasing managers and sourcing category managers, support units as required in the event of significant supplier quality or delivery issues.
The requirements for the suitable candidate are:
- Solid broad knowledge of business unit Direct & Indirect materials and supplies requirements, capable of managing a very diverse portfolio of materials and services.
- Experience in sourcing/supply chain management with a proven track record of sourcing and effective supplier relationship management.
- Solid project management, presentation and influencing skills to all levels of an organization as well as internal and external stakeholders.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or MBA in a relevant discipline or several years’ work experience in a related field (sourcing, supply chain management).
For further information please contact David Whitton, Sourcing Director Foodservice EAO at +44 7515 502592 (or email@example.com).
Please apply here by the 18th of March 2019.